Location: Highgate – Some international travel may be required
Hours: 45 hours per week – 20 + Bank Holidays
Salary: £28,000 plus Benefits
Training will be given
To start: ASAP
The Under Butlers are expected to support the Butler team with a wide range of operationally essential tasks. All Under Butlers are expected to work in partnership with the estate team to provide the highest level of operational service and performance. You will be working in a busy estate where the ability to think on your feet is expected and to follow instructions.
• Total discretion and the ability to provide exceptional service without being intrusive.
• Front of House service, meeting and greeting guests.
• Table, bar and pool service.
• Laying up and clearing of meal service.
• All types of service required including butler, silver and tray service.
• Cleaning and restocking of bars, coffee, tea and water points as required.
• Specialist cleaning techniques and polishing of china and silverware.
• Maintaining general cleanliness in pantry areas, stock rooms, service areas e.g. Garden Pavilions.
• Conservation and care of silver, gilt and crystal items.
• Stock taking and inventories including china, silverware, crystal, cigars, wines and spirits.
• Cellar management of fine wine, spirits and cigars.
• Responsible for stock rotation.
• Acceptance and movement of deliveries.
• Furniture and room adjustments to Principal’s and guest’s preference as required.
• Coordinating luggage delivery and collection from rooms.
• Valeting duties to include packing and unpacking.
• Operate in a Spa environment.
• Recording and relaying messages.
• Flexible with working hours and adaptable to change which might include weekends and bank holidays at short notice. Time will be given in lieu when overtime is worked.
• Highest standards of personal grooming.
• Critical eye for detail.
• Ability to work efficiently independently or as within the wider team.
• To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Head Butler or member of the senior management team.
• Any other duties required to support the estate operation.
ctors and Principals.
• Total discretion is required by the Principals at all time.
• This is a demanding and high-pressure role supporting the running of a private estate at the highest level.
• A uniform will be provided.
eg: "Live in"
By registering your CV with Irving Scott you can expect individual attention from our specialised recruiters. We create a candidate profile and keep in regular contact to make sure we know your latest circumstances. We are committed to matching candidates with clients.
Please note that we are fully compliant with GDPR and keep information for a stipulated time period only. Data is then minimised and archived securely for business intelligence purposes. We at Irving Scott apply the same top quality standard of treatment to handling your personal data as we do to all areas of our business.