LIVE IN TRAVELLING BUTLER POSITION TO SINGLE GENTLEMAN IN BELGRAVIA
Salary is £50,000 to £65,000 depending on skills and experience
Our client is seeking an experienced butler/valet to travel extensively with him. The role is based in Central London with travel to the USA, Asia and Europe. The role is live in and includes food. Accommodation is a bedroom/bathroom in all locations. When travelling to hotels, accommodation is 5 star.
You will need to have a solid career path working for 5 star hotels and private families in the capacity of butler and valet. Good cooking skills and a confident driver is also important for this role. The principal has other staff (a small team in the US and London) and you will need to be able to be a good team player. No divas!
A hands-on approach to the following:
• Directing and overseeing the inside the home services together with the team and encouraging high service standards; reporting to the principal daily
• Providing one to one butler service to the principal which will need your full attention at all times.
• Providing, as needed, the proper Butler persona and services in such duties as reception of guests, service at the table, beverage and refreshment service, and so forth.
• Must be a good cook in order to prepare meals when needed.
• Performing detailed valet work- packing and unpacking. Preparing for travel and overseeing details in a timely manner. Must keep on top of all wardrobe, medication, and amenities issues, with assistance from HK and sometimes PA
• Direction and overseeing suppliers and contractors.
• Keeping on top of vehicles – Driving the principal when needed
• Some PA duties when the PA is off.
The Butler is on duty for 5 days per week on a flexible schedule to be worked out in advance with generally two consecutive days off, but you will need to be contactable 24/7.
Other traits include:
• You will need to have good knowledge of proper care of silver, china, fine art, antiques, flower arranging, etc.
• Be proficient at table service – both formal and informal
• With a good understanding of wine service
• Excellent understanding of caring for wardrobes/fine clothing
• You will need to love dogs
• Be impeccably dressed
• European passport holder
• Fluent English (French a bonus)
By registering your CV with Irving Scott you can expect individual attention from our specialised recruiters. We create a candidate profile and keep in regular contact to make sure we know your latest circumstances. We are committed to matching candidates with clients.
Please note that we are fully compliant with GDPR and keep information for a stipulated time period only. Data is then minimised and archived securely for business intelligence purposes. We at Irving Scott apply the same top quality standard of treatment to handling your personal data as we do to all areas of our business.